Also see more photos on The Back Page
In the July Issue:
- New Look Opinion with new designers and printers.
- Intriguing Fianna Fáil Convention – Margaret Murphy O’Mahony – the Fianna Fáil election candidate, Alan Coleman indicates his intention to leave the party and stand as an Independent candidate
- ‘Mid-Summer Madness’ in West Cork with a host of events and activities –bumper 12 page ‘Summer Festivities’ feature.
- Legal Eagles from Coláiste na Toirbhirte bound for the USA; Bertie Smith, Timoleague elected President of the Munster Branch IRFU, Bandon Daffodil Day Committee and the community at large present whopping €51,968 to Irish Cancer Society.
- ‘Make Your Mark on Cancer’ walk from the Viaduct to Bandon. Skibbereen and Clonakilty enjoyed a visit from President Michael D Higgins and his wife Sabina to Uillinn, West Cork Arts Centre and Gaelscoil Mhichíl Uí Choileáin respectively. Skibbereen’s Gaelscoil Dr Uí Shuilléabháin is to be given a new home.
- Clonakilty Agricultural Show celebrates its 100th Anniversary
- Inaugural Organic Arts Festival in Clon
- Suicide pact couple from Co. Limerick – Thomas Ruttle and Julia Holmes – were regular visitors to Bandon and Kinsale Farmers Markets.
- Two greats of the soccer game – Ronnie Whelan and John Giles in West Cork
- Tara McCarthy, Dunmore, Clonakilty promoted to CEO of BIM; Wayne Lloyd Hair Salon Bandon, Ballydehob and Cork wins a global award, Hilser Bros, Bandon and Cork celebrating their 150th anniversary and Kelleher Topline Bandon wins a prestigious hardware accolade.
- Dee O’Leary’s new invention – iDME
- Recognition for Fishy Fishy and Fish Seafood Deli, opening of Rebecca’s Kitchen in Harbour View
- Bandon & Gaggin Game Protection Association, wins county honours and national recognition for their outstanding environmental initiatives.
- 152 Reg – Motoring Feature
- Everyone should have an Opinion….