Also see more photos on The Back Page
’The Opinion’ September 2014 Edition
- We highlight an action-packed events taking place in September – Bandon Walled Town Festival, Bengour 25th Anniversary Harvest Festival, A Taste of West Cork Food Festival, Kinsale and Bandon Arts Festivals, Clonakilty Guitar Festival and Courtmacsherry Storytelling Carnival. We carry full details of each.
- Generous photographic coverage of all the festivals held over August.
- The most extensive number of Debs photos ever published – from schools all over West Cork
- Read about the dangerous jellyfish and a rather unusual dolphin nicknamed Clet.
- The country lost former Taoiseach Albert Reynolds – we recall an interview between him and the Editor some years ago.
- Rita O’Driscoll’s proposals to change the look of Bandon town
- Casual traders in Bantry – a good or bad thing?
- Meet Rev. Denis Maguire, the new Methodist Minister for Bandon and Clonakilty; Serena Sheane, the talented Clogagh pianist ; Mary Palmer from Innishannon who has scoped numerous awards; Carmel O’Dwyer who has won the ‘Carer of the Year’ award in Bandon ; Louise O’Neill, the Clonakilty-born author whose novel is proving a big hit and Deirdre Ní Luasaigh who features in this month’s popular series on Women in Business.
- Fernhill House Hotel celebrated its newly acquired 4 star status.
- SouthWestern bought by Capita in a €35 million deal.
- Munster’s top rugby stars in Bandon
- Paudie Palmer keeps us up to date with the GAA scene
- Education Feature
- Nature photography by Martin Quirke