|September 2016 issue
- Skibbereen becomes the centre of the universe
– So much happening in Skibbereen in the past month –
Gary and Paul O’Donovan in Rio, rowers at the World Championships, The Ludgate Hub official opening, A Taste of West Cork Food Festival launched, Minister Varadkar TD opens Deputy Jim Daly’s new office, new multi-million euro Community School, €16m flood relief scheme started, wild sixties night and aerial photographer Dennis Horgan’s exhibition – some town for one town!
- Bandon’s healthcare – nine new flatlets for St. Michael’s Community & Geriatric Council and the commencement of the extension to Bandon Community Hospital.
- Ballineen’s Carbery in the winner’s enclosure
- Wills Brothers commence work on Bandon flood relief scheme, but tonnes of gravel on the riverbed not being removed.
- Nathan Carter in Timoleague and steels the hearts of two Dunmore children.
- Courtmacsherry Storytelling – last hurrah.
- Clonakilty’s Richard Forristal appointed editor of The Racing Post
- Northern Bandon traders and residents up in arms
- West Cork Food & Fest series
- Education series
- Exclusive grads and debs
- Women in business
- President Michael D. Higgins visits Beal na Bláth and Kilmurry.
Everyone should have an Opinion