|December 2016 issue
- Social events throughout West Cork – an eleven page Festivities section
- Church of Ireland Curate Anne Skuse discusses the real meaning of Christmas
- Strictly Clon Dancing a resounding success
- Skibbereen ‘Strictly’ final attracting a huge attendance.
- Schull and Ballydehob – Gabriel Rangers footballers prepare for the Munster Junior A football final.
- Kinsale Ladies Football team in the All-Ireland
- BandonShopping.ie launched in time for Christmas
- West Cork switchs on Christmas Lights
- Food for Christmas – Kate Ryan gives some seasonal advice
- Local success stories:
- Clonakilty-born Tara McCarthy’s appointment to the position of CEO of An Bord Bia.
- Clonakilty declared ‘Best Town in Which to Live’
Skibbereen catapulted onto the national Digital stage – eStreet initiative, National Digital Week and Lord David Puttnam’s popular TV programme ‘Making Ireland Click.’
- Dee Forbes and Kieran Calnan honoured with Doctorates by UCC.
- Soccer personalities, John Delaney, CEO of the FAI and John Caulfield, Manager Cork City FC welcomed back to West Cork
- Innishannon’s Shane Sweetnam – USA equestrian success
- Paudie Palmer looks back at what was surely the most successful GAA season for West Cork clubs… could we say EVER?
- Don’t forget… we bring you two fabulous publications in the coming weeks: The Opinion Bumper Christmas Annual is a real gem this year, with fascinating stories and features, wonderful photographs and free competitions with over €1,000 worth of prizes. Secondly, the January issue of The Opinion will be in the shops on the Thursday after Christmas – December 29th. Again we have some great articles planned for this New Year edition (see page 79)
- So nothing much more to say, but to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a healthy 2017 from all The Opinion team.
Everyone should have an Opinion